Lavinia Kelly is one of several people hospitalized after contracting botulism, a rare food poisoning, a few weeks ago after eating nacho cheese from a gas station.

Kelly's mom said her daughter is having trouble speaking and is only able to move her lips. She is starting to open her eyes.

Her three children were in the hospital Wednesday for her 33rd birthday.

As of right now, her family doesn't know when she will be able to get out of the hospital. Doctor's say it could take a year to for her to recover.

Officials connected the botulism cases to Valley Oak Food and Fuel gas station in Walnut Grove.