CLARKSVILLE, Ind. (WHAS11) -- A gas leak at Veterans Parkway and Sam Gwin Drive led to a part of Veterans Parkway closing to traffic on Tuesday.
Vectren says the fire department evacuated 13 businesses in the area as a precaution.
The leak was caused by construction, according to the Clark County Dispatch. Vectren says a 2-inch gas main was hit by a third party.
Vectren arrived at the scene and shut the gas off; they say they "made the area safe." They are conducting an assessment of the damage and repairs are underway.
No injuries are reported.