WHAS 11’s THE SCIENCE OF COMFORT SWEEPSTAKES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, The Science of Comfort Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal U.S. residents of Kentuckiana who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Kentuckiana is defined as Clark, Crawford, Floyd, Harrison, Jackson, Jefferson, Jennings, Orange, Perry, Scott, and Washington counties in Southern Indiana, and Adair, Breckinridge, Bullitt, Carroll, Grayson, Green, Hardin, Henry, Jefferson, Larue, Marion, Meade, Nelson, Oldham, Shelby, Spencer, Taylor, Trimble, and Washington counties in Kentucky. Employees and contractors of WHAS11 (“Sponsor”), TEGNA Inc., Burdorf Interiors, the Kentucky Science Center and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How to Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 9:00 a.m. (E.T.) March 23, 2017 and end at 10:00 a.m.. (E.T.) April 18, 2017 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). There will also be a Sweepstakes Entry Period beginning at 9:00 a.m. (E.T.) March 23, 2017 and ending at 6:00 p.m. April 10, 2017 (the “Sweepstakes Entry Period”) and a Sweepstakes Voting Period will be one hour during the April 18, 2017 broadcast of “Great Day Live” (the “Voting Period”).
There are two (2) ways to enter During the Sweepstakes Entry Period (3/23/17 to 4/10/17):
In-Person Entry: Enter at Burdorf Interiors at 401 N. English Station Road, Louisville, KY 40223 during regular business hours 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Mon., 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Tues. – Sat., and 12:00p.m. – 5: p.m. Sun. Complete an Official Entry Form with your name, address (city, state, and zip), age, and daytime phone number. All entries must be placed in the designated entry box. Displayed at Burdorf’s you will see two (2) living room groups valued at $3000 from which the First Prize Winner will choose one as his or her prize.
Online Entry: Enter online by visiting Sponsor’s website www.whas.com/ and clicking on the Science of Comfort Sweepstakes link. Complete the required information including your name, address, email address and daytime phone number and select the “SUBMIT” button to enter. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address.
Maximum of one (1) entry per person either online or in-person per day during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. By entering, you agree to the terms of the Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions in any email received from Sponsor. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned.
4. Winner Selection and Odds. On or about April 11, 2017 Three (3) Finalists will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received. The 3 Finalists will be announced on-air during “Great Day Live” Wednesday April 12, 2017. The First, Second and Third Prizes to be awarded to the Finalists will be determined by the votes of viewers of “Great Day Live between 9:00 and 10:00 a.m. Tuesday April 18th. Viewers of Great Day Live will cast their votes on the Megaphone app which may be accessed for free at iTunes-Apple or for androids on Google Play. The votes can be viewed in real time on screen during the show. Voting is limited to those 13 years of age or older. The rank of the Winners will be determined by the number of votes each Finalist receives.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries and votes received.
5. Prizes. The Finalist who receives the most eligible votes will receive the First Prize – his or her choice of one of the two living room grope displayed at Burdorf Interiors during the Sweepstakes Entry Period with an ARV of $3,000, as well as VIP Passes for his or her entire immediate family to ThunderBlast at Thunder Over Louisville Event April 22, 2017 at the Kentucky Science Center, 727 W. Main Street, Louisville, KY 40202 (ARV: $TBT). The Finalist who receives the second highest number of eligible votes will receive the Second Prize - four (4) VIP Passes to the ThunderBlast event on April 22, 2017 (ARV: $200). The Finalist who receives the third highest number of eligible votes will receive one (1) $100 Gift Card to Burdorf Interiors.
6. Notification and Acceptance. The 3 Finalists will be notified on or about April 11, 2017 at the telephone number provided on his or her entry form. Sponsor will call during regular business hours at number provided on entry form and will leave no messages. Failure to reach winner by phone after three (3) attempts may result in disqualification of Finalist, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute finalist from among all remaining eligible entries. Finalists names will be announced on WHAS11’ Great Day Live on April 12, 2017. The First, Second and Third Prize Winners will be selected by voters April 18, 2017 and will be notified by the phone procedure above, if they are not watching the show. To claim prize Winners must personally visit Sponsor’s offices at 520 West Chestnut Street, Louisville, KY 40202 within three (3) business days of notification. Office visit must be between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. (E.T.) weekdays. A valid photo identification may be required. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release which must be returned as directed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. The authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An “authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries or votes submitted by the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. The Science of Comfort Sweepstakes is sponsored by WHAS11. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of finalists and winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after April 18, 2017 or a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.whas11.com/ or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), The Science of Comfort Sweepstakes, WHAS11, 520 West Chestnut Street, Louisville, KY 40202. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Brandy Clark, 502-582-7801 by phone or email firstname.lastname@example.org.